Injury Prevention Program
Injuries are the leading cause of death and disability to children in the United States. The good news is that many of these injuries and deaths are preventable. The Injury Prevention Program at Children's Hospital & Medical Center is committed to decreasing the incidence of traumatic injuries through multi-faceted, community-based child safety education programs.
Dedicated to Keeping Kids Safe
Children's Injury Prevention Coordinators are available to help inform parents, educators and child safety advocates about injury prevention.
- Teach families about child safety, injury risks and prevention
- Evaluate solutions for injury risks
- Develop effective means to increase safety practices in our community
- Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets and smoke alarms to families who need them
- Promote leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships
How You Can Help
Knowing how to keep children safe is the best way to prevent injuries. Take the time to learn how to prevent injuries before they happen and protect your family from harm. It only takes a moment to protect the ones you love.