According to the National Center for Medical Home implementation, a family-centered medical home is not a building, house, hospital or home health care service, but rather an approach to providing comprehensive primary care. Through a medical home, your pediatric care team works in partnership with you and your child to assure that all of your child's medical and non-medical needs are met.
Our Commitment to You
As your medical home, our practice is a central resource for all of your child's care needs, including medical, behavioral and social needs. In a medical home, your pediatrician and child's medical care team make you feel like you are the most important part of the health care team. You are welcome and invited to participate in all aspects of your child's care.
We provide evidence-based, quality care to our patients. We will help you find needed information and resources, such as information about:
- Pediatric specialists
- health conditions/latest treatments
- home care, equipment and vendors
- Supports and respite services for your family
- Other key local resources that help families overcome medical and/or social barriers
As your medical home, we also will:
- Take care of your child when he or shie is sick and help you learn how to best keep your family well.
- Help you plan your child's care and/or set goals for care, now and in the future.
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment that your child needs.
- Work with you and other care providers to coordinate care.