Supporting your baby when he needs a lot of medical attention.
- Use a firm touch to contain the baby's arms and legs. This helps when he is uncomfortable or upset.
- Watch your baby carefully to determine when he or she is uncomfortable or upset.
- Learn how to help position your baby.
- Talk to the baby softly and call the baby by name.
- Change the baby's diaper (have a nurse help if the baby has a UAC, UVC in).
- Offer your finger for the baby to grasp.
- Learn how to help clean the baby's mouth.
- Encourage visitors to speak quietly around the baby so sleep is not disturbed.
- Learn to recognize when your baby shows signs of stress and needs to be left alone.