We’ve got open arms for those who EMBRACE OUR PASSION
If caring for children touches your heart and your soul, you share our passion. That's why you belong at Children's Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha, the best place for kids. Our accolades and achievements include national rankings in the U.S. News & World Report Hospitals program, Most Connected Hospital, Beacon Award and Magnet designation. But our greatest reward is helping kids and their families enjoy a healthier, brighter future.
Share our drive to grow
Transition to Pediatric Nursing Program
The Transition to Pediatric Nursing Program: Adult to Pediatric Nursing program is tailored to nurses with a BSN who have worked a minimum of one year with the adult population.
Homecare Nurse Academy
The Homecare Nurse Academy provides a structured orientation experience that allows nurses with one year of nursing experience to transition into the pediatric home care environment.
Nurse Residency Program
We welcome your interest in Children's Hospital & Medical Center’s Pediatric Nurse Residency Program. The mission of our 24-month program is to cultivate new graduate RNs.
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center believes strongly in supporting the professional development and educational needs of its nurses and employees.
We offer an exceptional spectrum of specialty opportunities, including:
– CARES is a 32 bed unit caring for all ages of children who are preparing for surgery. Some patients return to this area after their initial recovery phase before they return home; PACU is a 10 bed unit caring for all ages of children in the immediate post-operative period. Same Day Surgery is a 6 bed unit within the CARES unit that cares for patients who need to stay a bit longer after surgery or need to have a procedure done.
– The Emergency Department cares for all ages of patients with emergent needs in 2 rooms capable for resuscitation/trauma and 13 standard ED rooms.
4 Med Surg
- is a 24 bed unit caring for all ages, but has a focus for infant and toddlers. Diagnoses specific to this unit include: Respiratory distress and disease, Non-invasive ventilation, child abuse cases, ENT, GI services, and Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
– is a 24 bed unit caring for intermediate level and primarily cardiac and neurosurgery patients
6 Med Surg
– is a 24 bed unit caring for primarily diabetics and hematology/oncology patients
– As a Level IV NICU, this 40-bed unit provides care to the region’s most critically ill and premature neonates. NICU nurses care for infants with complex medical and surgical needs. Common NICU diagnoses include respiratory distress, pulmonary hypertension, congenital heart disease, gastrointestinal disease, and prematurity.
– The Operating Room schedules approximately 40-50 patients per day running 10 anesthetizing locations. Surgical care is provided for children of all ages.
– is a 17 bed unit caring for all ages of patients who require critical care in the form of advanced cardia or respiratory support.
- Children’s Physicians - Children’s Physicians is a group of board-certified pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners providing expert pediatric care at 13 offices throughout the Omaha area, two with adjacent urgent care facilities. Ten offices have been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Children’s Physicians pediatricians hold themselves to levels of care that far surpass national quality of care standards in pediatrics. They maintain these outstanding credentials as the only pediatricians practicing in partnership with Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Creighton University School of Medicine’s pediatrics training program. For more information and pediatric resources for families, visit Children’s Physicians at www.ChildrensPhysiciansOmaha.org
- The Specialty Pediatric Center is the largest outpatient specialty center in the region dedicated to meeting the unique needs of pediatric patients. At five stories tall and 135,000 square feet, the Specialty Pediatric Center is home to more than 30 pediatric-focused clinics that schedule more than 52,000 patient visits each year.
Become a part of the family
We are a premier provider of pediatric care with the feel of a family, where teamwork, camaraderie, friendly coworkers and a supportive leadership team make our workplace feel more like home. Here, you will enjoy autonomy, the respect of our world-class physicians and the opportunity to advance your career and profession.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including full-time designation at 30 hours and certification pay. You'll also appreciate the many amenities and convenience of our Omaha community.
Ready to embrace our passion and join our nursing team?
"I love working at Children’s Hospital and Medical Center on the transport team. I enjoy putting families at ease when arriving to care for their child. I recently had a mom tell me that she felt better sending her son on the airplane because I looked like her friend. I work with the best Nurses, Medics, and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners in the area. We work in the hospital and in the community taking care of all children big and tiny. I just love that I can fly or drive throughout our region helping others care for sick children. There is no greater satisfaction than seeing a child’s eyes light up at the sight of the helicopter, plane, or ambulance. I truly have the best job around."
"There is nowhere else I would rather work than Children’s Hospital & Medical Center of Omaha. The work I do as a Clinical Education Specialist is valued, respected, and makes a difference for our staff and families. I most enjoy the exceptional collaboration among departments as we all have the goal of creating a safe and positive patient experience across the continuum. I feel so fortunate to work in a supportive and rewarding environment where I laugh and smile every day because of the staff I work with and the difference we are making for the children and families we serve."